Date of Death:
Marital status :
Munton Frank Boughton
1st/13th Kensington Bn. London Regiment
23 january 1869 , Shepherd's Bush , London
9 may 1915 at Aubers Ridge
Eldest son of Field Boughton Munton and Jenny Blair of 10 Uxbridge Road , Shepherd's Bush , London
He married , at St. James Norlands , London 14 february 1890, Elizabeth Hazard and lived 23, Caxton Rd., Shepherd's Bush, London.
They had three sons and five daughters :
- Frank Boughton , born 25 december 1899
- Clifford Arthur , born 17 april 1904
- Ernest Percy , born 30 may 1906
- Jeannette Frances , born 13 july 1891
- Constance May , born 17 april 1894
- Irene Elizabeth , born 27 may 1897
- Phyllis , born 28 november 1901
- Marjorie Joyce , born 1 april 1910
Educated at Westbourne Park School
3 november 1914
Joined the 18th Middlesex Volunteers
This , on the introduction of the Territorial system , became the 10th County of London Regiment, and for some years he was Sergeant Instructor of the Maxime Gun Team, and was Quarter Master Sergeant when the regiment was disbanded in 1912.
On the outbreak of war, notwithstanding that he was 45 years of age, he at once volunteered , and joined the Kensingtons as a Private, leaving a well-established and large family to do so.
Proceeded to France
Killed in action by machine gun fire in attack upon the German position at Fromelles and Aubers Ridge.